11 Reasons You Should Sell During the Holidays
Why we believe you should list your house during the holiday season
The holiday season is officially upon us - can you believe it? As we get closer to those winter months, we wanted to address a question that we get a lot this time of year: Should I list my home during the holidays? One question we have in response to that is: Why not? We have a list of 11 reasons why we think it’s a good idea to list during this season, and we use it every year. View the full list by clicking here. In the meantime, here are six of the reasons:
1. You have the opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer. If you sell now, you can take advantage of the spring when there’s more inventory. Plus, you’ll have less competition because sellers will be more attracted to a buyer who doesn’t need to make the deal contingent on the sale of their current home.
2. Buyers have more time to look for a home. During the holiday season, people have more time off work, so they have more time to look at houses. This means buyers have more time for you and tend to be a little more serious.
3. You can have more say in when you show your house. This season does tend to get busy for people with friends and family coming into town and things like that, so we can limit showings based on your calendar.
4. Homes will feel more warm and cozy. During the holiday season, homes tend to smell nice with holiday candles, and they feel warm in contrast to the winter weather. These kinds of things will make your home more inviting and help your buyers imagine celebrating their holidays in the house.
5. Many people need to be in their new homes by January. Many people looking in November and December are doing so because they have to start a new job at the beginning of the year, so this will also mean getting more serious buyers.
6. Buyers may be more time-conscious because of their taxes. Needing to close by the end of the tax year will motivate buyers, and motivated buyers are exactly what you want.
These are just some of the many reasons why we believe the holiday season is a great time to sell your home. Again, if you’d like to see the full list of reasons, click here. If you have any questions or would like help getting the listing process started with your home, call or email us anytime! We would love to hear from you.