Are The Holidays A Good Time To Sell?
Here are our top 11 reasons why the holidays are a great time to sell.
Are the holidays a good time to sell your home? Conventional wisdom says no, but we were crazy busy last year, and it looks like this year won’t be any different. There are still tons of buyers and sellers out there, so today, we want to share our top 11 reasons why the holidays are still a fantastic time to sell a home:
11. Selling now puts you in a great position for spring. The market is great, but more homes will appear in spring. If you sell now, you can increase your buying leverage for that time.
10. If you sell now, we can negotiate a lengthy rent-back. Fewer homes on market mean less competition. We’ll be in a great position to negotiate a long rent-back period with your buyer.
9. You have control when you have showings. If you don’t want buyers interrupting your decorating, don’t worry. You can set the terms however you like.
8. Employees are moving to start new jobs. If someone is moving for a job, they need to secure a home fast. These buyers could be willing to give you a fantastic offer.
7. Some people have to buy or sell by the end of the year for tax reasons.
6. Most buyers have more time to look at homes over the holidays. The holidays are a great time to take time off, so buyers will probably use that time to check out your home.
5. The holidays are an emotional time. Buying a home is an emotional process. The holidays could get people in the buying spirit.
4. Houses show better when they’re decorated for the holidays.
3. There is less competition. Inventory remains low, and a lot of sellers will make the mistake of waiting until spring.
2. Serious buyers want to buy now. Since inventory is so low, buyers may compete for your home.
1. The quality of buyers is higher. If you are putting off holiday activities to look at homes, you are probably very serious about buying a home.
Hopefully, this list gave you an idea of why it’s still an awesome time to sell. If you have any questions about today’s topic or anything else, please reach out to us via phone or email. We are always willing to help.